I've been pretty bad about updating this recently, just trying to get life together between physical activity, internships, making friends, and trying to actually improve my Russian. THe next week looks to be quiet too because we're headed off on our group trip with what is likely to be limited internet and even more limited computer battery...so that's likely a no go. The good news is that I'll have new pictures and hopefully one appropriate for a christmas card photo.
So, let's recap. I've been trying to get internship/something to do in Russian and it looks like I may get one with DeWalt...the powertool company. If nothing else it's an opportunity to better the Russian and I need that. Classes are rather boring, but I did finally get my mainstream - History of Siberia...what a theme! Beyond that I've been working on financial/econ education, summer/Moscow internship apps and following that wonderful disaster back home...what fun you all must be having.
I'm really missing books in english...there's so much I want to know, but the quality of Russian books excluding literature is very difficult to determine and they take about three times a s long to read.
End mind dump...have fun!
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
HAPPY 21st BIRTHDAY PATRICK.
We are enjoying reading your thoughts and observations of your year abroad.
Best wishes from
Grete, Joe, Monika, Kristoffer and Andreas
Post a Comment