Well, I'm goign talk about a few of the things that are becoming rather unpleasant to me right now.
1. My teachers: they are quite possibly the most naive, pseudo-intellectuals on the face of the planet. (I deleted some expletives from this) They don't seem to understand anything about the US, they have policies designed for fourth graders, and can't even come up with justification when asked. What's more is that either because they are too idiotic or because we pay their paychecks, when you argue with them they don't know how to respond...at all, because for every example they produce we with our inferior american education can produce 10-15 more and provide the reasoning.
Exhibit A: When questioned about why we needed to bring 2+ books to class everyday that we never use her reply was "because..." and quickly left the room.
Exhibit B: The case of the green pen. A professor expected us to have a green pen to record Russian expressions, I responded that I did not intend to purchase one as I had already made changes in my note taking style to account for expressions and switching between pens was a wasteful activity. Hey I know who she reminds me of! Miss MCKay Cox, one of thpse teachers who tries to implement new teaching techniques qithout actually understanding them. Coincidentally a lifelong conservative...blarg.
2. In the US kids don't even have cap guns anymore. Here they have fireworks, airsoft guns, and blank guns...well, something in between a hollywood prop and a cap gun...Jesus.
3. The sound of breaking bottles outside my window
4. The parking lot disco outside my window
5. Parents don't take responsibility for their children...and don't realize what an inconvenience they can be on the rest of society
6. "I kissed a girl" song is played everywhere
7. Rampant proud inefficiency
Severobaikalsk...well, it is a young, but dying city. Unless tourism gets up there pretty quick it'll be almost a ghost town in 20 years. Maybe I'll write about it tonight and post tomorrow...theres just too much and I wanna go home for now
Sunday, October 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Blarg is a funny word.
Post a Comment