Saturday, October 18, 2008

Long time no see

My mom reminded me I hadn't updated in a while, my battery is a little low right now and I'm trying to final get and RSS reader working on my computer, so this will be one of my shorter more poorly written entries...as opposed to the the very long and obnoxious ones.

Life is alright, we're launching an interestingly planned expedition to Mongolia next Saturday where we don't exactly have transportation across the border yet...hopefully that will soon change.

Additionally, bandwidth at the cafe is now being limited. The fascists! No facebook for now.

My birthday on the other hand was enjoyable, but rather quiet - 1.5 liters of beer and a half bottle of wine. Got some chocolates and a nice plate. We mostly sat in a bar and talked for a few hours. David got ripped off by the cabbie, on the other hand we paid 10 bucks for three stops and about 40 min of driving. No vodka interestingly enough, but mayhaps that will change. We're thinking about hitting a club tonight with some German students, but that remains to be planned.

Still waiting to hear about the internships, apparently Irkutskenergo (a utility) is still play...maybe I;ll find out next week. What else...I'll prep a real post about our trip to severobaikalsk soon...in other news photos are on facebook (~300)

No comments: