So I caroused with some acquaintences yesterday, munched on ice cream, sat on benches, and trudged through one quarter of Master and Margerita...roughly half of which I don't understand...in particular whatever is subtle. I've spent close to $10 on the internet in the past three days...mostly trying to upload those goddam photos...but be uploaded they will. At this poin I only have 30 unuploaded photos...yay PAT! Additionally I had been hoping to start doing some online test prep for grad school, but unfortunately my seriall number is allegedly invalid. Woe is me...still it's a wonderful opportunity to update the blog again...especially having carefully examined the Tavern Dirty/Naughty pics...congrats to anyone who managed to avoid being depicted.
So what interesting cultural observations can be made? Well, pigeons here are not considered rats with wings much as squirrels are not considered pests. Rather people strive to woo the foul creatures into their hands with little nuts or otherwise delectable snack. Not two days ago, Kevin,David and I were enjoying a lovely (does anyone else get confused as heck about the Harvard comma in lists??? I still don't know which style I like better) time eating ice cream on the shore of the Angara when some twenty-something with a handful of nuts decided that she wanted to feed the lovely pigeons, which - noticing the woman's nuts - immediately flew through us in a disgusting cloud of dust feathers and plague. Oh well...today Liza (the little one) was crying for a minute or two because the bad weather made it undesirable to go feed the squirrels...anyway these are among the most interesting things I've been up to.
.
I'm hoping to start hitting gym tomorrow because I'm getting fat, flabby and weak. Aghh! The photos didn't upload...well I guess it's time to kill someone. Maybe I'll try the Wi-Fi place...bah!
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment