So, I just had a nice walk about the city with a fine young lady to whom my khozyaika introduced me (she also introduced me to the rest of her class so, hopefully I'll soon be hanging with them, unfortunately that comes with a notable lack of guys in the class). It's a pretty city, prettier when you manage to get away from the mercantile part and towards the river. I'll describe it better later when I have pictures and decide to post them. :-P
Transport is crazy and mom would certainly not approve of the preparation of the food though it is tasty...although I have had to eliminate some of my heuristics tyhat I normally use to decide whether it's worth the risk of getting sick to eat - stinky cheeses, meat, dishes that you can't decode the component ingredients of etc. Anywho, more to follow, tomorrow baikal. Maybe Monday I'll have a full post and start with the pictures somewhere.
Friday, September 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Patrick,
Best wishes from the Santucci's in Los Altos. Marsha is here with us today and pointed us to your blog. Keep writing, it's fascinating and gives us a glimpse to a part of the world that we would not otherwise see. It's a great adventure that you are on. We are looking forward to the next installment.
Eat well!
Joe and Grete
Post a Comment